Weather Stations for Water Storage & Water Recycling
Water storage facilities require accurate local weather data for:
- Evaporation rate monitoring
Use either the traditional method of a Class ‘A’ Evaporation Pan, with some modern features to minimise maintenance, or; use the FAO56 Penman equation from your Weather Station which is an electronic method, considered to be accurate reliable and requires less maintenance.
- Prediction and management of algal blooms
Water temperatures within the storage, as well as weather conditions surrounding the storage, contribute to the risk and management of algal bloom.
- Rainfall and water level data
The water levels within the storage are affected by inflow and outflow rates; rainfall, evaporation and seepage. Together, these parameters can be used to monitor water flows and calculate changes in water storage levels. Water Level sensors can be added for a complete picture.
- Monitor Odour Drift
Water recycling facilities will often have to contend with odour complaints from nearby sensitive receivers and residents. Using a 10m mast weather station to satisfy your environmental licencing, you can accurately track the drift and dispersion of the wind from your treatment plant.
Key Features for Water Storage
Robust, reliable & durable, to withstand the harsh conditions associated with long term monitoring of water storages and retention basins
Australian Made, designed and owned
Quality materials, selected for corrosion resistance and longevity - no cheap plastic parts used
Industrial and commercial grade – Long service life means value for money for your reservoir management
Marine Grade Stainless Steel Class A Evaporation Pans with Autofill and level measurement
On-Board Evaporation Rate calculations to provide water balance for sites without Class A pans.
Key Benefits for Water Storage
10 years free post-purchase support via phone, email or skype
The water storage weather stations are delivered in easy-to-assemble kit form, with detailed instructions. Designed for the Reservoir management to self-install
Installation can be done for you by Environdata, saving you time to do what you do best, while we do what we do best
On-Site Servicing and Calibrations can be done by Environdata, anywhere in Australia
Concurrent 10 minute, hourly and daily weather summaries are standard. Customise to suit your needs & View LIVE Current 1 minute data
Long term secure on-board data storage - visit your remote site less often
Options for connecting the weather station to your PLC or SCADA via MODBUS, or:
Automate your water storage weather data collection and management with Environdata’s WeatherMation LIVE service
Environdata’s Weather Maestro provides an ideal solution when selecting an automatic weather station for water storage facilities
Powerful, Configurable Data Logger
- The heart of the weather station, the Weather Maestro data logger, is available in 10, 12, 16 or 20 channel versions to ensure all your critical weather parameters are monitored.
- It features a powerful processor with a large and easily configurable on-board memory.
- The recorder is pre-programmed with Environdata’s custom-designed software (capable of calculating evaporation data based on the FAO56 Penman Equation) and can include a range of communication and remote monitoring options.
- The Weather Maestro is energy efficient and solar powered as standard.
- The modular design utilises integrated mounting options as well as custom mountings to allow you to meet your specific site and communication requirements.
Weather Station Management Software
The Weather Maestro weather station package includes Environdata’s 'WeatherMation Direct' weather station software.
This Windows-based package:
- ideal for Set up and troubleshooting of your weather station
- direct cable downloading with intuitive GUI
- features a range of export options
- Viewing of real time weather data in an easy to read format
- manages multiple weather stations at once
- your weather data can integrate with 3rd party software packages
The Weather Maestro can also include Environdata’s 'WeatherMation LIVE' weather station software & service.
- Automate data collection from your weather stations
- Access your data securely from any device with a browser
- Manage, View and Report from multiple weather stations
- Send weather data to your SCADA automatically
- Alert you to specified weather events by SMS or email
Remote Communication Options
Environdata offers a wide range of communications options which can be integrated into our weather stations. The choice depends on the location of your weather station and where & when you want the data to be available.
Typical connectivity for Water Storage & Water Treatment Weather Stations is via UHF or Cable connection to MODBUS TCP/IP or via Cellular connection to WeatherMation LIVE. Talk to our professional staff to determine what is best for you!
Installation and Support
Environdata technicians perform regular service trips within Australia to provide installation, training and onsite calibration and repairs. Every Weather Maestro weather station is delivered pre-configured to your specific requirements and includes a comprehensive handbook. Free backup support by telephone or email is provided for the life of the system.
Typical Weather Stations
FULL WATER STORAGE WEATHER STATION
Water Storage & Treatment Weather Stations
Some Typical Sensors
TIPPING BUCKET RAIN GAUGE
The tipping bucket rain gauge is built to Bureau of Meteorology standards and is sturdily constructed from stainless steel with a powder painted cast aluminium base and copper receiver funnel. The tipping mechanism is gold plated brass and the design is rugged and reliable.
LASER PRECIPITATION MONITOR
A Laser Precipitation Monitor is an extremely accurate sensor to determine the total rainfall during a reporting interval. This sensor will also provide precipitation type data - important to know as Heavy rain, hail or snow will all act differently and have different impacts across the catchment.
Class A Evaporation Pans - monitor evaporation rates with the best accuracy possible - an onsite Evaporation Pan built to Class A Standards.
Automatic measurements with automatic refilling, plus mirror finish marine grade stainless steel pan with bird guard minimises your maintenance.
Gallery of Recent Projects