Logging Rain Gauge
Environdata logging rain gauges are compact, robust, full featured and automatic
Our rain gauges are commercial grade, designed and manufactured for strength and longevity, even in the most extreme environments - Australian Made quality, reliability and support.
Environdata Logging Rain Gauges are comprised of:
- full-sized tipping bucket rain gauge
- Hall Effect rainfall sensor
- powerful data logger for ease of expansion
- rechargeable battery
- mounting post with stainless steel levelling bracket
- integrated bullseye for accurate levelling
- solar panel
You can choose to upgrade to a tripod for portability and quick deployment, telemetry to WeatherMation LIVE, or add a MODBUS converter so you can connect to your SCADA / PLC as needed.
Logging Rain Gauge
to suit various applications, including:
- Rainfall distribution and intensity
- Rainfall monitoring networks
- Automated rainfall alerts and notifications
- Construction contract management
- Workflow planning
- Safety and automation
LOGGING RAIN GAUGE
at a glance
- Compact, automatic rain gauge
- Quality stainless steel barrel
- Brass inlet funnel
- Gold Plated Bucket
- BOM Specification Mechanics
- Expansion available for 5 additional sensors
- Powerful data logger
- Solar powered with rechargeable battery
- Over 36 months of intensive data memory
- Upgrades available - including full range of communication options
- CUSTOM SENSOR INTERFACES AVAILABLE
Capacity for 5 additional sensors to be installed. The Logging Rain gauge can expand and become the core of a full Automatic Weather Station if required in the future.
- HALL EFFECT SENSOR GUARANTEES LONG LIFE
The RG50 TBRG incorporates the advanced and ultra-reliable electronic Hall Effect sensor as standard. The Hall Effect sensor replaces the traditional Reed Switch, which has been superceded in all of our tipping bucket rain gauges. (A Reed Switch comprises a moving bi-metallic strip, which often led to breakdown of the detector over time).
The Hall Effect sensor is field-proven over the last 16 years, with a field life expected to exceed 100 years, and tens of millions of tips.
- CUSTOMISABLE READING SCHEDULES
Provides current readings, 10 minute, hourly and daily data summaries in 4 independent memory areas (or customised to your logging schedule)
Over 60 months of intensive data memory on-board
Environdata are Australia’s weather station specialists since 1982,
so please contact us for advice on your weather monitoring requirements, positioning on your site, and general advice on all things weather station related.
FEATURES IN DETAIL
Quality product with quality support
- Robust, accurate, reliable and dependable
- Easy to install, easy to use, and easy to maintain
- Backed up by detailed handbooks and full manufacturer support
- On site installation and servicing available
- 10 years FREE post-purchase support via phone, email or Skype
Flexible reporting options
- LIVE REPORTING VIA TELEMETRY
The Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge system can be connected to our WeatherMation LIVE service to automate your rainfall monitoring in an economical and reliable package:
- Ideal for remote locations
- Data updated every minute
- SMS and email alerts on your rainfall
- Secure online access
- ONSITE DOWNLOADING OF LOGGED DATA
If you don't need Remote telemetry, then simply access your historical weather data via the serial connection. Downloading to a laptop every few months or during an annual visit to site may suit scientific or other research purposes.
- CONNECTION BY DIRECT CABLE
When more frequent data is needed and you don't want to add cellular telemetry, you may connect to the Rainfall weather station by direct cable to a PC, LAN or via MODBUS and Ethernet connections.
Ideal for remote sites
- ENERGY EFFICIENT
Our logging rain gauges energy efficient and solar powered as standard, making them the ideal choice for remote sites
- EASY INSTALLATION
With a stainless steel levelling bracket and integrated bullseye, you will quickly and easily have a logging rain gauge ready to start recording with a minimum of fuss or delay
Designed and built in Australia to survive in harsh conditions
- The RG50 tipping bucket rain gauge (TBRG) is constructed from stainless steel with a powder coated cast aluminium base.
- The copper inlet funnel has the correct angle to eliminate splash out.
- The brass tipping bucket is gold plated, ensuring that water flows cleanly out of the bucket as it tips with no residue. Therefore tips are highly accurate and consistent.
- The inlet funnel is fitted with a syphon to control and maintain a constant flow-rate into the buckets, this ensures reliable rainfall recording, even at very high rainfall intensities.