IS37 10 Metre Weather Station Tilt Mast
For Australian Standard AS3580.14 Wind Monitoring
The IS37 ten metre Weather Station mast is designed to be easily transported to site and installed without special equipment. Other masts require a crane or EWP, however the IS37 can be installed by one person from ground level.
The IS37 is engineer certified to withstand winds of 57m/s (over 200kph) when installed according to our directions. Once installed the IS37 ten metre mast can be easily tilted down to inspect and/or change instruments. Only one of six guy wires must be released, then the tilt arm is lowered using the braked winch. This can be carried out in light to moderate winds.
Features at a Glance
- Standard 10 metre meteorological height
- Meets Australian & WMO Standards for wind sensor positioning
- Satisfies EPA requirements for wind sensor positioning
- Certified to 57m/s wind speeds
- Easily transported to remote sites
- Corrosion-proof aluminium construction
- Stainless Steel Pivots, Guy Wires, Turnbuckles and fittings
- Complete kit supplied
- 1 person installation & service access
- Easily transported (3.2 metre longest length)
- Double braked winch for raising & lowering
Sensors at Ten Metres
- Wind Speed - Scalar
- Wind Speed - Vector
- Wind Direction - Scalar
- Wind Direction - Vector
- Sigma Theta
- Air Temperature
- Meso-scale meteorology
- Air pollution dispersion modelling
- Dust or odour drift measurement
- Meeting EPA licence conditions
- Weather Maestro
Features In Detail
Details & Advantages
Once installed the IS37 ten metre mast can be easily tilted down to inspect and/or change instruments. Only one of six guy wires must be released, then
the tilt arm is lowered using the braked winch. This can be carried out in light to moderate winds.
The stainless steel cable and winch prevent the mast from dropping while raising and lowering. In the upright position the mast can be padlocked into position to prevent unauthorised lowering.
The complete assembly weighs only 47 kilograms, and with the longest piece being only 3.2 metres, can be easily transported. The mast can be installed in many soil types, with a simple change to the concrete footing size.
Stainless steel tunbuckles make tensioning the guy wires quick and easy. Set-up can be done in 2 hours with two people, or 4 hours for one person, once the guy footings have been prepared, and your cables run.