What features should remote site weather stations have?
Robust and reliable in all the extremes of weather and environment
Readily transported to any site, lightweight, strong and rugged
Easy to assemble, designed to fit together first time, with everything in one kit
Simple to operate, preprogrammed and ready to bolt together and run 'out of the box'
Solar and battery powered to run continuously through all weather events
Telemetry options to provide remote access to your weather data no matter how remote
Able to store large amounts of weather data securely
Why Environdata Weather Stations are your best choice for robust, reliable, secure, weather stations for remote locations
Australian Made for Australian Conditions
Environdata’s Weather Stations are designed and built to the highest standards here in Australia.
Their ability to withstand weather extremes is evidenced by their installation at remote sites ranging from the middle of the Simpson Desert, to islands off the North West Pilbara coastline, from the tropics of Cape Tribulation in far north Queensland to the icy winds of the western coast of Tasmania.
Large, safe memory
Environdata have built-in extensive flash memory (non-volatile) to our new range of weather stations.
The Weather Maestro, WeatherMate 3000, and WeatherMaster 3000 all have more than 12 months of data storage with a typical program. Summaries are typically saved at 10 minute, hourly and daily intervals. These intervals are fully customisable to suit your needs.
Remote Data Collection
Environdata has developed a range of telemetry options to simplify the process of data collection from your remote weather station:
- Cellular connections can provide you with automated LIVE data collection by WeatherMation LIVE, on-demand data downloads, SMS retrieval of the current conditions, and VPN ‘live’ updates to your database.
- Satellite data links provide the ultimate remote weather station connectivity, allowing you to collect your weather data remotely from virtually anywhere in the world.
- Direct Links. Alternately, you may just need to connect your weather station to a local office. This is easily achieved via UHF links, direct cable, Ethernet or MODBUS connections.
Once the data is stored in WeatherMation LIVE you can view it wherever you are in the world via an internet browser. Alerts via SMS can also be triggered based on weather events.
Easy to install and set up
Environdata Weather Stations are designed to assemble as a complete unit so the installation goes smoothly in one visit.
Because we are the designers and manufacturers, our weather stations come direct from us to you.
This means that you can be sure that your weather station components WILL FIT together and that you will receive ALL the correct parts and fixings necessary to complete the installation.
We regularly install our weather stations on behalf of our customers. This first-hand experience has driven the refinement of our designs and processes over the last 30 years.
Easy to follow instructions PLUS free phone and email support ensures that your weather station will be installed with a minimum of fuss.
- The sensors plug into the data recorder. There are no screw terminals.
- The sensors are all calibrated identically, so you don’t need to enter programming offsets. This also allows for quick field swapping of sensors which is great for servicing in remote locations.
- We use captive nuts in custom designed mounting masts and arms.
- The mounting tabs have cut-outs to allow the pieces to be positioned in place to support their own weight as you tighten bolts.
- Our 10m mast is designed to be installed from ground level with no need for special lift equipment
- If you don't have the time, we can do it for you; installing and commissioning weather stations across Australia is one of our specialties, no matter how remote!
All Environdata’s Weather Stations are suitable for powering via solar power (with or without telemetry).
Our weather stations have been designed specifically to run continuously on solar power, and our engineers ensure we have a battery and solar panel combination to keep your remote weather station running at your site, constantly, year after year.
Environdata is able to further simplify the process for you with a full Weather Station installation, commissioning and training service available.
This ensures your system is installed correctly and up and running as efficiently as possible. Installations in remote areas are no problem and we can also offer annual service and calibration visits to site to keep your system running correctly.
Contact us to discuss how simple it is to obtain
reliable weather data from remote locations